Last week, Mintz Levin was proud to sponsor an Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) webinar highlighting AEE’s fifth annual report of market size, by revenue, of the advanced energy industry, worldwide and in the United States. The Advanced Energy Now 2017 Market Report traces the growth of the energy industry since 2011, with this year’s edition reflecting global growth of 7% from just 2015 to 2016—nearly twice the rate of the world economy overall. Other topics included the latest numbers of advanced energy jobs from the second national survey of energy employment by the Department of Energy, as well as emerging trends in advanced energy markets.
As this webinar was full of pertinent content for our readers, we will feature a series providing key takeaways over the next few weeks. Tom Burton, Member of the firm’s Corporate & Securities Section and Founder and Chair of the firm’s Energy Technology Practice, will publish bi-weekly installments providing key takeaways from the four sections of AEE’s webinar including: Industry Growth; Advanced Energy Jobs; Growth Trends; and Policy.
Perspectives for this webinar were provided from the following panelists:
- Phil Jordan, Vice President, BW Research Partnership
- Zachary Kahn, Director of Government Relations–North America, BYD Heavy Industries
- Paul Kaleta, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, First Solar
- Kevin Self, SVP Strategy, Business Development & Government Relations, Schneider Electric
- Malcolm Woolf, SVP, Public Policy and Government Affairs, AEE
To listen to the full webinar, click here.